Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Few Things

I wonder how many people start out their blog posts "sorry I haven't updated sooner but..."
That's what I was thinking...then figured I appologize enough on a daily basis. So I won't do it now or here.

The other day there was a lady that was dancing while she waited in line. Actually I wouldn't call it "dancing". More like twirling in place while she kept count. She was completely serious too. The other customers in line didn't know what to do. Everyone looked at eachother like "do you see this?!" Meanwhile my co-workers and I were trying not to bust up laughing....until she left. I know your trying to probably get ready for some audition, but it's weird and disturbing to other members when you waltz in the door singing.
I can relate to most of the people who come up to my window, but then you get some that are just on another planet. One lady, as she was looking for her deposit in her purse, got excited about finding her deoderant and started putting it on. While she had her arm lifted and was deoderizing herself she asked me if I thought they should get rid of pennies. I just told her maybe if they changed the way they priced things. Earlier that day a middle aged man came up to my window and the first thing he said was "wow! That's a really big zit on your forhead!". I was well aware I had a zit (which really wasn't that big) on my forehead seeing as I had just looked at it in the mirror while on my lunch break. I didn't know what to say so I just looked at him and asked him if he was making a deposit. By the end of the transaction he realized what he had said and appologized.
I think it's time I make a few confessions. I find it very theraputic. So here I go:
Yes, I will take longer with some customers so I can avoid certain people next in line. Yes, I will hurry a customer at my window so I can help the cute guys next in line. I will simply nod my head and smile even though I really could care less about your opinions on politics. When I tell you to go away 'cause you creep me out - no, I'm not flirting. I am not your therapist as much as I like helping people. I hate it when people come in the last minute we're open. Even if you think your giving me a compliment I don't take it as one when you tell me I look 12. No, you are not the first to think my parents couldn't make up their mind between Julie and Lisa for my name. Sometimes I hold my breath while helping people who smell bad. Do you think no one notices that your driver's license picture was taken at least 25 years ago and you don't look like that anymore? You threatening to close your account only makes me want to close it more. If your going to be such a big baby and pain in the ass, I don't want to have to help you ever again. I will try to look busy if I see your next in line and your on your phone. I wish we had a dead phone zone in this bank.

Just a few little things and thoughts for the day.

No comments: