Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Stinging Sticky Note

As my search for a car continues I find my standards lowering as my urgency increases.
Frankly...car shopping on a very limited budget is a pain in the ass.
I went from "I'd like a cute little 2-door black stick shift Honda or Toyota coupe with really really great gas mileage and nearly brand new" to "Does it have 4 wheels? Does it have good gas mileage? Is it under $5,000? Good, I'll take it"
Thankfully one of my housemates is gone for the weekend and is letting me borrow her car to go to improv class.
Ah housemates. Ah community living! With 9 roommates and a 10th on the way our space is feeling a little cramped.
Communication is key when wanting to live harmoniously with one another. However, using cute little pastel sticky notes with a stinging sweet message sings the tune of passive aggressiveness that never sounds quite right with me. We seem to have notes all over the house. Last night I found one on the toilet seat reminding us to conserve water. Hmm, a sticky note on the toilet seat. Have things gone a little too far?

I don't mind sticky notes to leave funny messages to others or reminders for myself, but one house mate has this brilliant knack for fitting on that tiny tack of paper a message that reads sweet but hits sharp. Frankly I find it humorous and I prefer someone telling me if I'm doing something wrong to my face. I'm sure this is her way of communication. This is community and you either find a way to live with each other's quirks or you find somewhere new to live.
9 house mates is quite the humorous living situation. I know more stories will follow.

1 comment:

Míchéal Montgomery said...

i love ... LOVE this photo and the idea behind it!! can i steal it? ;-)

miss you my lovely friend ..