Saturday, July 5, 2008

A wealth of distractions


Can you believe they've added platinum t.vs to our bank?! Really, like we needed one more thing to keep our mind numb.
I'm quite sad by this addition to the branch. The first two days MSNBC was being played. Like you really need to hear doom and gloom while your standing in line. Now we've moved on to the Home and Gardens channel.
I'm assuming this is to help aid our "customer wait time" and "customer delight". Helping you forget your waiting in line.
So, now I have to talk over the t.v that is placed directly above my head and try to keep my customer's attention while taking care of their financial business.
I thought cell phones were bad. This is worse.
Speaking of cell phones, since the new law of hand free phones while driving I've noticed an increase in my customers using blue tooth. My entertainment comes from watching them try to figure out how to answer their phone. Usually the caller has hung up by the time the receiver has answered the phone. If you ask me, that may cause more accidents. However, now I really can't tell when a customer is talking to me or answering their phone. A "hello" could be directed to who knows who and when the person on the other end can't seem to hear my customer....they end up yelling in my face to be heard. How awkward to have someone look in your general direction and not be talking to. I'm creeped out.
Why is it that the rich have such poor manners? This statement is continually proved day by day. The longer the digets in their checking account the shorter their patience. Especially for a newbie. I don't know how long I can keep up the excuse that "I'm new and don't have as much access to account information as the next teller". Funny people. Yelling at me will get you know where. And just to let you know, you threatening to close your account doesn't really make me sad. Honestly...just as much as you don't want to be at my window all day...I don't want you there either.

No comments: