Monday, April 23, 2007

When Lilacs linger...

When the scent of lilacs linger and
the pink petals of spring
bid farewell to winter’s death,
a new spring is born.
The Cherry Blossom
whispers it’s secret:
Summer is coming!
The sun pushes his boundaries with the night sky,
Asking a few more minutes before heading to bed.
The sun wakens and warms the sleepy wintery moods,
transforming the soul and warming the heart along with the skin.
An exchange has been made,
death
to make room for new life.
Time to grow.



It's lilac season and nothing makes me happier then the scent of lilacs....well, a lot of things make me happy. This is just one of them. There is something so comforting to the scent. It eases my soul and makes my heart melt. Someday, when I get married, I want it to be on April Fool's day in a garden of lilacs.

No comments: