Sunday, February 28, 2010

Freedom By Being Fired

So....I got fired from the bank on Friday. I've never gotten fired before. It's kind of a weird feeling. But most of all...I feel relieved. I'm not a bank teller. Well, at least not a very good one. I was great working with people and making them laugh and joking around with them. I was able to talk to almost everyone. But that's just it. I talked too much and it ended up getting me in trouble.
I can't help but see this as such a great opportunity. Finally I can be available for auditions. Finally I can get more of my projects done. Finally I can just take it a little easier (for now). Maybe it will help bring my stress level down.
So we'll see. I feel I'm on the verge of another big adventure.
I told the HR people, after they fired me, that I would thank them in my Oscar acceptance speech for firing me. Finally I can pursue what I love closer to full time.
Here's hoping!

1 comment:

David Tieck said...

Yay, just make sure you get all the crazy stories from the bank on paper while they're fresh, there has to be at least a one woman show or a movie from what I have heard about your bank life :)