Monday, March 9, 2009

Two Weeks Till This Teller's done!

Yesterday I had a customer who was so impatient that while the lady at my window was putting her money away he shoved his way next by handing me his deposit over the lady's shoulder and then went to the other side of her and proceeded to slide his debit card in my machine so I could pull up his accounts. The lady looked embarrassed and tried to hurry off. When she was gone I said "Wow, are you in a hurry today?" "No, she was done and it was my turn".
It took everything in me to not say "You wait your turn mister! Go to the end of the line and wait. Who made you so special that you get to make everyone abide by your precious ass time and world!? Who brought you up? And where have your manners gone?"
But I didn't say it. Some of that inner monologue had to have slipped out through my facial expression because he then said "It doesn't matter now, it's all water under the bridge".
Oh really? Well I need some more money so I'm going to take some out of your account. What? Oh whatever it's all water under the bridge.

Two more weeks and I'll be out of there. I'm attempting to transfer but for now I'll enjoy my "leave of absence".
I'll be doing some background work and seeing what else I can find for work. Probably the surprising job choice of waitressing.
I came down here to "see what would happen if I pursued this Hollywood thing". How am I going to know if I don't take a chance? And the funny thing about chances and risks....there's never a "good" time to take them.
If this doesn't work out and all falls flat I know that I can fit everything I own in my little ford focus and drive home happy. Knowing that I answered my question. And then I would move on to the next adventure.
But let's not get ahead of ourselves......

No comments: