Sunday, September 30, 2007

I didn't know I was working at a food bank




Apparently the bank's second most notible feature (right after handeling cash) is food.
The past few weeks we have been out of candy. A few months ago the managers took away the coffee. And every so often we have cookies out. But last week brought out the most comments from our customers.
"Where's your candy?!" cried a lady while holding her 2 year old on her hip.
"We're out at the moment, but we should be getting the next shipment in quite soon." was my reply.
A guy piped up at the window next to her and I.
"My son always is looking for the cookies. The first time he came here you guys had cookies."
The older gentleman at the window on the other side of me quipped "And where's the coffee?"
I wondered if the bank ran out of money if there would be this much of a hub-bub.

Apparently it is not only our job at the bank to take care of their money issues, but now we must feed them.

Perhaps after each transaction I'll ask "Would you like fries with that?"

No comments: